Chemistry(iGCSE, A-LEVEL, IB)
The iGCSE Science specification courses have been designed to extend students’ knowledge by broadening and deepening key skills, for example:
- Improving students’ analytical and logic skills by applying understanding of scientific concepts and principles to a range of situations. This will include some examination questions that are more problem-solving in style.
- Addressing the need for mathematical skills to complement students’ science skills by covering a range of mathematical areas.
- Developing students’ practical skills by including a number of practicals in the specification content.
These can be supplemented with other suggested practicals. The skills developed will be assessed through questions in written examinations.
KEY STAGE 4
Year 10 and 11
- States of Matter.
- Atomic structure and Periodic Table
- Bonding and Chemical Equations
- Inorganic Chemistry: Group 7 and 1
- Energetics, Rates, Equilibria
INTERNATIONAL A-LEVEL CHEMISTRY
Key stage 5
Year 12 IAS
- Core Chemistry :Formulae and Equations
- Core Chemistry: Energetics and Enthalpy
- Core Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Periodic Table and Bonding
- Core Chemistry: Introduction to Organic Chemistry
- Application: Bonding and Intermolecular forces
- Inorganic Chemistry 1&2
- Organic Chemistry 1&2
- Exam preparation
Year 13 IA2
- Rates of Reactions
- Further Organic Chemistry and Spectroscopy
- Transition Metals and Redox
- Arenes and Nitrogen Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- Exam Preparation
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level iGCSE/A-Level/IB
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes